The housing industry continues to experience double digit growth and the need for skilled trade professionals has never been greater. We are looking outside the box to help fill the labor shortage.
- Working together with education, community partners and other associations committed to recruiting, training and retaining talent for the home building industry. For more information take a look at our Hiring Resource page.
- Offering more support to minority contractors including launching a Professional Women in Building Council and offering classes with Spanish-speaking support. Click here to join the council.
- Sharing residential construction stories and pathways with more than 12,000 students annually.
- Awarding more than $150,000 in individual student and tool scholarships, including new partnership with Cat Footwear and Kent Career Tech Center (KCTC) that provides work boots to graduating seniors with residential construction career pathway interests.
- Rebuilding our local student chapters at both the high school and post-secondary school levels.
(Here’s some copy to include to promote student chapters and links to where our applications are currently saved:
As part of our local efforts to increase awareness of and participation in residential construction careers we are bringing our student chapters back and participating with our National Association of Home Building (NAHB) Student Chapters, a program dedicated to enriching the educational experience of students by offering them first-hand exposure to the real world of the building industry through NAHB membership, educational programming, and networking opportunities.
We are excited to partner with local faculty advisers and draw on the mentors and industry leaders in our local home builders association so student chapter members can compete in national competitions, win scholarships, enjoy discounts on trade shows, and enjoy all the benefits of membership in NAHB. To learn more contact Jodie at email@example.com or (616) 281-2021, ext. 201. Or, complete application here to sign-up!